What You’ll Need:
- 3 apples
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup/100g melted butter
- 1/2 cup/100g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
How You Make It:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Carefully peel the apples and core, then cut in half. With a very sharp knife make parallel lines down the length of the apple halves, roughly 3mm apart, stopping just before the bottom.
- Cut out six circles of puff pastry around 1 cm larger than the apples and lay on a lined baking sheet. Top each with an apple half, sliced side up, and brush the edges of the pastry with egg wash.
- Mix together melted butter with sugar and cinnamon (if it looks like it’s not combining put it in a pan and heat it up slightly and whisk it all together).
- Brush this over the apples and then bake for roughly 40 mins – baste them every now and then with the butter and sugar mix.
- Serve hot with ice cream.