What You’ll Need:
- 5 medium sized chicken breasts
- 2 cups flour, sifted, in a bowl
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 liters oil
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oil to 160°C/380°F.
- Take each chicken breasts and cut parallel lines almost all of the way through, around 1/2 a cm apart, down the length of each breast.
- Dip the breasts in the flour, making sure it gets down all the slits, then shake off the excess.
- Dip them in the eggs and shake off the excess then finally roll them thoroughly in breadcrumbs.
- Pick them up cut side up with a pair of tongs, letting them drape over the sides, then dip them in the hot oil, letting them cook to hold their shape before letting go and letting them cook in the hot oil for around 4 minutes, until brown and cooked through.