What You’ll Need:
- 3 banana shallots
- 6 waxy potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 100g/1/2 stick butter, cut into 6 cubes
- Salt & pepper
- Splash of white wine
- 150g/1 cup bacon lardons, cooked to crisp
- 200ml/1 cup double cream
- 1 Reblouchon (roughly 400g)
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- First, get the shallots and cut them lengthways and arrange them in a skillet.
- Hasselback your potatoes – cut parallel, 3mm slices all the way down with a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut all the way through. Balance the potatoes on top of the shallots and drizzle with oil, then place a knob of butter on top of each potato. Bake for 1 hr or until the potatoes crisp up and are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and pour white wine into the dish, along with the bacon and cream. Balance slices of the cheese on top of the potatoes so it can melt down into them. Return to the oven for a final 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the cream is bubbling.