Hassleback Chicken Caprese
What you need
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 large fresh on-the-vine tomato
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh pesto
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salad of your choice, for serving
- fresh basil leaves
- Lay your chicken breast on a chopping board and slice 6 times at an angle, almost (but not all) all the way through.
- Stuff each slit alternately with mozzarella and tomato. Pop a basil leaf in each slit alongside its filling.
- Pour your cream into a baking dish and add your parmesan and pesto. Lay in each of your chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper then bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Serve with salad. Get stuck in!