- 2 tins Heinz Beanz
- 80g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small onion, or 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 Lime, juice only
- 150ml sour cream
- 250g Heinz Mayonnaise
- Lettuce, for the buns
- Drain Beanz using a small colander (better than a sieve as it drains better),
reserving the juice!
- Fry the onion and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil until translucent.
- Add onion and garlic to a bowl with the Beanz, coriander, spices, salt,
breadcrumbs, chilli. Mix lightly but confidently with a wooden spoon until the
mix comes together in a homogenous mass. Leave some texture in the mix -
a few whole Beanz is good. At this point, get your hands in to mold the patties.
Form into 6 patties, then pop in the fridge to sit briefly.
- Fry the patties over medium heat - you don’t want to sear these over high heat! It’s good to
dehydrate the exterior of the patties- for a crust/crunch. Watch it doesn’t burn,
there are sugars from the Heinz tomato sauce involved in the mix.
- Add the drained juice to a small saucepan and reduce over medium heat until thick. Stir
through Heinz ketchup and set aside to cool.
- Mix the Heinz mayonnaise with the sour cream and lime juice. These are your 2 sauces.
- Build your burger - bottom toasted bun, ketchup sauce, lettuce, burger, sour cream, top bun.