What You’ll Need:
- 8 pieces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into little bits
- 6 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- 4 balls mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 eggs and a splash of milk, whisked
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 litres groundnut oil
How You Make It:
- Mix together the pepperoni, sun dried tomatoes and basil.
- Cut a slice most of the way through the top of a piece of mozzarella and cut out a hollow in the cheese. Fill this with the pepperoni, tomatoes and basil mix.
- Dip the filled mozzarella balls in the flour, pressing the lid down, then dip in the egg mix. Mix in the oregano to the breadcrumbs with the salt and roll the balls in this, pressing on the breadcrumbs to make them stick.
- Preheat the oil to 180°C/360°F and fry the mozzarella balls for roughly 30 seconds, until they have browned nicely.
- Serve with pizza sauce and garlic bread as an appetiser.