- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 4 jalapeños, finely diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, mixed with a small amount of water
- 2 1/2 cups grated yellow cheddar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- French's Crispy Fried Onions
- French's Crispy Jalapeño's
This delicious jalapeño popper chicken casserole is a very Twisted combination of the classic green bean Thanksgiving side dish combined with succulent, creamy jalapeño laden cheesy chicken sauce. A topping of French’s Crispy Fried Onions and Crispy Jalapeños ties the flavors together perfectly to make a truly delectable dish that would be welcome at any celebratory feast.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper and fry them in the oil until they’re a lovely golden color and cooked through. Set aside until cool enough to handle then slice into thin strips.
- Fry the bacon in the residual oil until crisp, then add the garlic and pour over the double cream. Bring to a simmer then add the cornstarch slurry, grated cheese and seasoning. Pour over the mushroom soup and the green beans and mix everything together - add a splash of milk if necessary to thin it out.
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling, then sprinkle with French’s Crispy Fried Onions and Crispy Jalapeños and serve.