Jalapeno Popper Smashburgers
What you need
- 500g beef mince
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced
- 150g cream cheese
- 150 cheddar, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Buns, Pickles, Tomato, lettuce, bacon, to serve
- Mix the cream cheese with the garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cheese. Spoon 1 tbsp of the mix onto a little piece of greaseproof paper and place another down on top and flatten to make a rough circle. Repeat with the rest of the mix and set aside. You should have 6 disks.
- Mix the jalapenos with the beef and divide into 6 balls.
- Get a non-stick pan very hot. Season the two balls with salt and pop in the pan, lay down a piece of greaseproof on top, and press down with a heavy pot. Leave for 10 seconds then remove the pot and the paper. Season this side and flip the burgers. Lay a cheese 'slice' on each, then cover with a lid. After 15 seconds, remove the lid, combine your patties. Build your burgers!