Jerk chicken and fried chicken - two very popular ways of cooking the worlds most ubiquitous bird. Twisted do what we do best and smash the two together, creating a glorious amalgamation of two triumphs of cuisine.
- Whisk the brown sugar into the buttermilk then stir in the other ingredients. Add the chicken and stir to coat fully. Cover with clingfilm and leave to sit in the fridge for at least four hours, preferably overnight. When ready to fry remove from the fridge at least an hour before.
- Before then, whisk all the ingredients for the lime mayo together and set aside.
- Set a large skillet with oil roughly 4cm up the side and heat to 360°C/170°C.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dredge together. Take the chicken from the buttermilk and dip it in, pressing the flour on so it coats. Fry the chicken in batches of two until the outer coat has crisped up and the inside of the chicken reads 71°C.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack to cool (placing it on paper will make it soggy), then serve with the lime mayo.