As much as we all love penne alla vodka, this rif of lasagna alla vodka is incredible. Layers of creamy meat sauce between pasta and topped with cheese, talk about a perfect bite.
- In a large pan, cook bacon until fat has started to render and just slightly golden. Add oil and onions. Cook until onions are softened. Add garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Crumble in beef and cook until browned and juices have reduced. Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper and chill flakes. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. (Add a bit of water if it thickens too much).
- Add cream and bring to a simmer. Add vodka and stir through. Remove from heat and let chill completely.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC.
- Spoon a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a lasagna dish. Top with noodles. Layer lasagna noodles with sauce until finished and make sure the top layer is the sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake for 40 minutes. Remove and grill for 5 minutes.