What you need
- 500g beef mince
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 fat clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan
For the garlic bread:
- 1 small baguette, cut into diagonal wedges
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp flaked salt
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- Heat your oil in a hot pan and fry off your beef mince, onion and garlic until nicely coloured and starting to crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Add your tomato puree and cook to remove raw flavour. Add passata and sugar, turn down the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Spread your ricotta over the bottom of a baking dish.
- Spoon in your meat ragu. Top with mozzarella and parmesan and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F, or until nicely coloured and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, for the bread, mix together your parmesan, butter, salt and chives.
- Spread onto your bread on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes in the oven with the dip.
- Bring out, leave to cool slightly, then get involved.