3 cups beef ragu
1 cup grated mozzarella
2 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
3/4 cup parmesan, split
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 tsp nutmeg
8 large tortillas
These lasagna enchiladas need to be on every dinner table at least a couple times a month. Definitely, one to add to your recipe files!
- Lay out tortillas and spread about 1/4 cup of ragu on one side. Sprinkle with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese. Roll tightly into a log. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Arrange into a greased baking dish and brush with melted butter. Bake in a 180ºC preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the béchamel sauce. Heat butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Pour in milk gradually and whisk continuously until a smooth sauce is formed. Add 1/2 cup parmesan and grated nutmeg. Pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Place under the grill for 5-6 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, enjoy!