What’s not to like about lasagne? With lots of cheese, mince meat and a completely unique pasta-eating experience, it’s delicious on many levels. You’ve probably enjoyed the dish many times, but have you ever had it as a soup? Yes, you heard me right: Lasagne Soup is here, and it’s going to change the lasagne game forever.
Just rustle up a delicious mix with of beef mince and Italian sausage, which you bathe in rich passata. The fun doesn’t stop there, though; to turn this into a soup we’re going to need to add not only whole cream, but top it up with fresh and wonderful BRITA-filtered water. Then throw in some torn lasagne sheets and simmer until it’s ready for munching.
Adorn your creation with some mozzarella and basil, and there you have it: Lasagne Soup! Dip in some garlic bread if you’re feeling fancy and, thanks to the expertly-filtered BRITA water, the delicious flavour of the ingredients in the dish will shine through in every spoonful. It really makes for a soup-er meal!
The BRITA fill&enjoy Style jug uses the new and improved MAXTRA+ cartridge which reduces limescale, chlorine and organic impurities which affect the taste of water.Using BRITA filtered water in your cooking allows the natural flavours of your dishes to shine through. Who likes the taste of chlorine after all?
Each BRITA MAXTRA+ cartridge is powered by coconut shells and can produce 1,000 litres of filtered water.
You can buy it here: http://www.brita.co.uk/b
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 400g beef mince
- 400g italian sausage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 500ml tomato passata
- 1 tsp veg stock powder
- 500ml BRITA filtered water
- 6 lasagna sheets, broken into large pieces
- 125ml double cream
- 1 ball mozzarella, torn
- basil leaves, a handful
- parmesan and garlic croutons, to serve
How You Make It:
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent, then add your meat. Fry until starting to crisp, then add your 4 seasonings and your tomato puree. Cook out briefly then add your passata. Add the stock powder, your water and your pasta sheets then pop the lid on and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Add your cream, bring back up to a simmer then remove from the heat.
- Add your mozzarella and basil, allow to melt a little, then serve with a little parmesan and some croutons!!