Lasagna Stuffed Rigatoni Pie
- Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 10
What you need
500g rigatoni noodles
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, split
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg, whisked
Sliced mozzarella Cheese
Extra chopped parsley
Rigatoni pies are fun to make and eat. Filling them with ragu and ricotta make it even tastier than the average. Lasagna Rigatoni Swirl pie will be a fun addition to the dinner table!
- Boil noodles for 5-6 minutes until al dente. Drain and toss in parmesan cheese.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Line a spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together ricotta, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, parsley and nutmeg until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Fill half of the cooked noodles with ricotta mixture and the other half with ragu.
- Arrange noodles alternating ricotta and ragu filling to form a spiral in to the centre.
- Lay sliced mozzarella over top. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover and broil for 5 minutes until golden on top.
- Remove from springform tin, sprinkle with parsley.