The Lasagne Burger does exactly what it says on the box. It combines a classic burger dish with some much loved lasagne flavour. This burger stands tall with a double patty on brioche bun. Then, just when you think things can’t get any better, we add ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella and passata to the mix.
If marriage to a burger were socially acceptable, I’d dare to say, this is the burger I would pick.
What You’ll Need:
- 500g beef mince
- 1 tub of Ricotta
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil, 10 or so leaves, torn
- Burger buns
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp freshly cut parsley
How You Make It:
- Mix your beef mince with garlic, salt, pepper and a handful of parmesan, shape into patties and set aside.
- Mix the garlic and parsley into your butter and stir to combine. Cut open your burger bun and brush on your flavoured butter, pop under the grill or fry in a pan until nicely coloured. Keep warm.
- Mix your ricotta with your basil and a handful of parmesan. Add a grating of nutmeg and check for seasoning. Set aside.
- Fry your patties in oil for a couple of minutes on each side, or until nicely coloured. Now layer your burger! Put the bottom of your garlic butter bun on a plate/surface, then add a dollop of your ricotta mix. Then go on with one of your patties, a drizzle of tomato sauce, a bit of parmesan, then repeat. Top with a slice of mozzarella, throw under the grill for a couple of secs so the cheese melts, then top with your remaining bun half!