Leftover Thanksgiving Wellington
What you need
No equipment needed
- 2.2 lb sausage meat
- 1 jar cranberry sauce
- 10 rashers streaky bacon, cooked until crisp and chopped
- 2 leftover turkey breasts, shredded
- 1 large sheet puff pastry
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Find a large baking tray and cover with clingfilm. Press the sausage meat into a rectangle then spread the cranberry sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with bacon chunks and make an even of chopped turkey, staying away from the edges .
- Use the clingfilm to roll the whole thing into a tight spiral, starting from the smaller bottom of the rectangle. Make sure the whole thing is feeling snug then pop it in the fridge for around an hour or so to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F and roll out the pastry so it'll wrap around the meat log then roll it up and brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for around 40 minutes until cooked through.