Long Lasagna Roll-ups
- Time: 25 minutes
- Serves: 6-8
What you need
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup cooked spinach, drained
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6 Lasagna sheets
1 1/2 cup bechamel sauce
2 cups ragu
9 slices mozzarella cheese
Everyone loves a good lasagna, right? It’s a heartwarming dish especially easy to make to feed a crowd. Instead of worrying about layering the noodles with the sauce and the filling, we’ve taken fresh lasagna noodles, filled them with the ricotta filling and rolled them into long lasagna roll-ups. Sitting on a layer of béchamel and covered in a rich ragu topped with cheese, these Long lasagna roll-ups have your servings portioned already! Serve with a side salad, if you must.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, spinach, parmesan, egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg until smooth. Lay out lasagna noodles and spread each with ricotta mixture. Roll each into a tight log.
- Spread béchamel on the bottom of a baking dish. Lay each roll on the béchamel without touching each other.
- Spread rage over top and lay mozzarella to cover.
- Cover with parchment and foil and bake for 25 minutes until sauce is bubbly and noodles are cooked.
- Remove foil and parchment and grill for 5 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil. Enjoy!