What You’ll Need:
2 cups whole milk
2 cups macaroni noodles
3 tbsp butter
2 cups grated yellow cheddar cheese
2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 up grated parmesan cheese
12 blocks cheddar, 1” each
2 cups plain flour
Oil for frying
How You Make It:
- In a pot over medium heat, add milk, macaroni and butter. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously to prevent sticking. Cook, adjusting heat so milk doesn’t boil over.
- Once noodles are cooked and milk has thickened to coat, about 10 minutes, add cheese and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add 1/2 cup bread crumbs and parmesan cheese to macaroni and mix to coat. Place tablespoonfuls of mixture in a greased muffin tin. Press into the bottom and up the sides. Add one cube of cheese in the middle. Cover with more macaroni mixture and press to adhere. Repeat with remaining mix. Freeze for 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- Take macaroni muffins out of tin. Coat in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs. Do a double coat in bread crumbs if necessary.
- Fry in oil heat to 325F(150c) until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Controlling the heat so it doesn’t get too hot.