What You’ll Need:
- 500g Macaroni
- 50g flour
- 50g butter
- 200g cheddar, grated
- Salt and Pepper
- 100g mozzarella, grated
- 1 pie crust
- 14 rashers of thick, streaky bacon
How You Make It:
- Cook your macaroni, then drain and dress with a little oil to avoid the clag.
- Make your cheese sauce. Foam your butter, then add in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly, before adding your milk in stages, ensuring you have no lumps before you add each bit of milk. Once all incorporated, chuck in your cheese and immediately remove from heat. Whisk well- your cheese will melt in your bechamel. Mix through your mozzarella, then add to your cooked pasta.
- Put your mac n cheese mix in your pie crust. Fill it well.
- Lay down 1 rasher of bacon at the side of your pie. Lay down another on the bottom side of your pie, overlapping one way or the other. Continue in this vein, first vertical, then horizontal, weaving as you go. Once you have used all of your rashers, spray with veg oil, then bake for 30 minutes at 180ºC/350ºF.