For the meatball mixture:
- 1kg beef mince
- 1 cup parmesan
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsps parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 egg
For the roll:
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce, plus more to serve
- 12 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup garlic parsley butter
- 12 slices mozzarella
- In a large bowl, combine everything for the meatball mixture and mix until well incorporated. Pop onto a baking sheet and shape into a long flat sausage - don't worry about being too neat here!
- Pop under a hot grill for 5 minutes, flipping half way. Remove from the heat.
- Cut the crusts off the bread. Lay out your 12 slices of bread, overlapping as you go. Roll out your bread to form a single flat layer.
- Lay your slices of mozzarella down over your bread slices. Spoon over the marinara sauce.
- Lay your meatball log at the near side of your bread slices. Roll over to wrap the bread around the meat and cheese.
- Pop on a baking sheet and cover liberally with garlic butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C, or until nicely golden and crisp.
- Serve with more marinara and parmesan!