Meatball Stuffed Marinara Dough Balls
What you need
No equipment needed
- Roughly 11 meatballs
- 500g pizza dough
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 3 tbsp melted butter mixed with 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 cup passata
- 1 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Fry the meatballs in a little oil until brown on the outside but still a little pink within - they are getting baked so don't need to be cooked through at this stage.
- Take a walnut sized piece of dough and pat it out to make a thin disk and scatter with a handful of mozzarella. Place a meatball in the middle and bring the dough up around it, squeezing together to seal in the filling.
- Pour passata, white wine, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano and sea salt into an oven proof dish and place the dough balls around it on a baking tray. Brush these with the herb butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the dough has risen and the sauce is bubbling.