Meatball Stuffed Tomatoes
What you need
- 6 large tomatoes
- 500g beef mince
- 1 red onion
- 75g ricotta
- 150g grated parmesan
- 2tsp oregano
- 1 small bunch basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 6 large squares mozzarella
- 400ml marinara sauce
- 1tbsp olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Slice the tops off the tomatoes and hollow out. Set aside and reserve the lids.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mince, onion, ricotta, parmesan, oregano, basil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Take a handful of the beef mix and flatten into a patty, place a square of mozzarella in the middle and then encase it to form a meatball shape.
- Stuff the meatballs into the tomatoes. Top with some grated mozzarella and the reserved lids.
- Place the tomatoes into a baking dish. Pour 200ml vegetable stock into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the tomatoes are nicely roasted and the meatballs cooked through.