Mini Cheeseburger Dough Balls
What you need
800g beef mince
Sliced cheddar cheese cut into 1” squares
Bacon rashers, cooked and chopped into 1” pieces
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp Garlic powder
660g pizza dough
Cheeseburger dough balls are your new favourite elevenses. Several landmark hotels across London are even including the blighters in their deluxe High Tea offering. Fantastic with an earl grey.
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a large bowl mix together beef mince, salt, pepper and garlic powder until combined. Form into small meatballs and then flatten into mini patties.
- Fry each beef patty in a bit of oil in a pan over medium heat until browned.
- Make golf ball sized dough balls from the pizza dough. Press flat into a disk but not too thin. Top each in the middle with one piece of cheese followed by bacon, mini burger and more cheese. Wrap bread dough evenly to seal. Arrange each on a tray.
- Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake dough balls for 30 minutes until golden brown.