- 3 cups bechamel sauce
- 1 cup grated emmental
- 1 cup grated gruyere
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp mustard (optional)
- More emmental, for grating
Imagine all the flavours of a croque monsieur with none of the tedium of making and eating an actual sandwich. With our simple recipe you can get all that bechamel based deliciousness in a small dough ball. Simply:
- Mix the cheeses, ham, seasoning and mustard into the bechamel.
- Spread this into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, roughly 3 hours.
- Pop them out of their tray and wrap each bechamel ice cube in a walnut sized ball of pizza dough.
- Lay them all quite close together on a baking sheet, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with grated emmental.
- Bake for 20 mins until they've grown in size and gone a lovely golden colour.