Imagine all the flavours of a croque monsieur with none of the tedium of making and eating an actual sandwich. With our simple recipe you can get all that bechamel based deliciousness in a small dough ball. Simply:
- Mix the cheeses, ham, seasoning and mustard into the bechamel.
- Spread this into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, roughly 3 hours.
- Pop them out of their tray and wrap each bechamel ice cube in a walnut sized ball of pizza dough.
- Lay them all quite close together on a baking sheet, brush with egg wash and sprinkle with grated emmental.
- Bake for 20 mins until they've grown in size and gone a lovely golden colour.