- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides and fry on both sides until cooked through and piping hot. When cool enough to handle cut into small chunks.
- Meanwhile, add the butter and garlic to the pan and fry on a low heat until fragrant. Add the flour and cook out for around a minute before slowly beating in the stock. Add the cream, cheese, jalapenos and chopped chicken. Stir everything together on a very gentle flame to make a smooth sauce.
- Grease a 12 tin muffin tray. Use a cookie cutter to cut circles of pastry and press them into the holes, followed by a few spoonfuls of the jalapeno popper chicken mix.
- Brush the rims of the pastry with egg wash and top with a smaller pastry lid. Brush with more egg wash.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until golden and puffed up.