What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 350ml milk
- 12 cocktail sausages
- 12tbsp sunflower/vegetable oil
- 1tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 1tbsp sage, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 220c.
- Take a muffin tray and place 1tbsp oil and a sausage in each hole. Cook the sausages for 10-15 minutes until browned.
- While the sausages are cooking, make the batter. Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs to the well and whisk together gently. Start incorporating the flour then gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth. Sprinkle the sage and rosemary in. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Set aside.
- Take the sausages and oil out of the oven and quickly pour the batter into the holes (about 2/3 full). Return to the oven immediately. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the batter has puffed up and is a deep golden colour. Do not open the oven until 20 minutes have passed.
- When they’re ready, serve up with onion gravy.