Mini Strawberry Cheesecake Tacos
- Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 6
What you need
5 8” tortillas
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup cream cheese, softened
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp water
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup crushed biscuits
No time to make a full cheesecake? These mini strawberry cheesecake tacos are the perfect solution. They're bite sized, shareable and taste like cheesecake!
- Pre-heat oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 20 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in crushed cookies.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- Meanwhile, whisk together cream cheese, lemon zest, vanilla, and heavy cream to soft peaks. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Make the strawberry topping: add strawberries, water, and sugar to a small pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer to soften the strawberries. Add 1 tbsp water to cornstarch, stir till smooth. Pour into the mix and bring to a boil.. Stir and remove to cool completely.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each taco. Top with 1/2 tsp strawberry topping. Sprinkle with additional crushed biscuit, optional!