Muffins Steak & Ale Tin Pies
What you need
No equipment needed
- 1.7 pounds stewing beef, diced
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 bottle pale ale
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch of thyme
- 2 carrots
- 3 sticks of celery
- 1 onion, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beef, flour and salt.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a casserole dish and brown the beef all over. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the bottom with the ale and tomatoes then add the thyme and vegetables. Re add the beef and put the lid on, then leave to simmer for 4 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into circles that snuggly fit into a buttered muffin tin.
- Spoon over the stew into each pie and cut circular lids. With egg wash attach lids and brush over the top. Bake for 25/30 mins.