- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Mix the beef mince with the fajita spice mix. On a sheet of tin foil press the beef into an even rectangle.
- Lay slices of cheddar cheese across the middle and top with the peppers and onions.
- Gently roll the meat up from the smaller end of the rectangle, using the foil to push it into a large sausage shape. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll log in flour and gently dust off any extra flour. Coat in egg and let excess egg drain off. Roll in crushed Manomasa chips until filled coated.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes.
When you think about Latin American food, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Tacos? Burritos? Perhaps some frijoles or queso? All pretty standard fare, but Latin American cooking is way more than putting on a sombrero and periodically shouting “Ay, Carumba!” No, true Latin American cuisine deserves way more than mere cliché. When you taste true Latin American cooking, you’ll know it by its intricate blending of flavours, its innate feeling of authenticity and community, the intense fire and passion that so aptly encompasses the Latin American spirit.
Even better, you don’t have to be eating anything typically Latin American to harness its inner fire, as you’ll soon see with the Manomasa Nacho crusted Fajita Roll. With beef mince, fajita spice, cheddar cheese, onions and peppers, this meatloaf was literally on a roll already, but once you add Manomasa’s crushed up tortilla chips, you’ll truly capture Latin American flavour.
Manomasa are dedicated to giving food pioneers a taste of Latin American adventure by adding twists to otherwise mundane meals, and their Chipotle & Lime tortilla chips will take you on a magical journey to the boulevards of Buenos Aires, the markets of Montevideo and the streets of Santiago. Bake, chill and roll the Manomasa Meatloaf into reality, and when it sits on your dinner table ready to be eaten, not only will you be eating a slice of meatloaf, but you’ll be having a slice of true Latin American spirit.
Follow Manomasa across social media here: IG: @manomasa TW: @manomasa_ FB: @manomasa.tortillas