- 400g strawberries, quartered
- 75g sugar
- 50ml water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125g cream cheese
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 5 digestive biscuits/graham crackers, roughly broken
Strawberry cheesecake is unquestionably one of the most glorious things about summer - fresh, sweet strawberries, slightly sour-sweet cheesecake. Take these flavours along with crunchy biscuits and stick them in an easy to make no churn ice cream and you've got a winner.
- Heat the strawberries, sugar, vanilla and water over a medium heat until the strawberries have softened and you have a syrupy sauce. Don't break them up too much as you want some large chunks of strawberry in the ice cream. Set aside to cool.
- Whip the cream cheese until it becomes a little lighter, then whip in the condensed milk. In a separate bowl whip the cream to stiff peaks then fold in the cream cheese/condensed milk mixture. Fold in the broken up biscuits.
- Pour into a tin and add dollops of the strawberry sauce, then swirl it into the mixture with a knife. Freeze immediately, preferably overnight.