- 2 large rectangles rolled puff pastry
- 1/2 jar Nutella
- 1 egg, whisked
- icing sugar (optional)
Chocolate and Christmas were born to be together. Unify the star-crossed lovers with the ultimate symbol of seasonal excess - Twisted's Nutella Christmas Tree. Pastry, chocolate and egg. Simply delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Take one rectangle of pastry and place it down with the short side facing you. Spread a thick layer of Nutella over it in a rough triangle shape.
- Place the second piece of pastry on top of the first, then cut out a triangle shape over the Nutella section. Discard the trimmings.
- Now make even cuts down both sides of the triangle, leaving an inch uncut in the centre, to keep the tree together.
- Twist each strip from top to bottom to create tree branches.
- Brush the pastry with the whisked egg. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Once baked, serve up warm or dust with icing sugar and serve cold.