What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 200g nutella, warm
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- cinnamon sugar
How You Make It:
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together the butter, sugar, water and salt. Bring to a low simmer then add the flour in one go. Beat with a wooden spoon until it comes together in a ball and a thin film is catching on the edge of the saucepan. Take off the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the 4 eggs, one at a time. Make sure each is completely incorporated before adding the next. After the 4th egg you should have a nicely smooth consistency.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop a ball of batter from the pan and drop into hot oil. Fry for about 7-8 minutes, or until a seam appears in the balls. Flip them occasionally.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar. Pop the nutella in a piping bag and pipe it into the middle of the donut holes.