Franks Buffalo Chicken Tots
- Time: 5 mins
- Serves: 10
What you need
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 6 rashers bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 2 lb potatoes, parboiled
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Oil for frying
There are few things more wonderful than a tater tot - crisp little morsels of potato joy, the ultimate game day snack. However, imagine if you will how much better they would taste if they were stuffed full of chicken, mozzarella and bacon drenched in the world's most delicious hot sauce, Frank's RedHot.
Thankfully, you don't have to stretch your imagination too far as we've done just that. Behold them in all their glory. A perfect synthesis of crispy and soft, creamy and hot, these are basically the best thing that will ever pass your lips.
- Whisk the Frank's RedHot Sauce into the melted butter and set aside.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, mozzarella, chopped bacon and half the buffalo sauce.
- Make thin ballotines by rolling spoonfuls of the mix in clingfilm then freeze for a few hours.
- Grate the potatoes into a bowl and stir in the flour and seasoning. Set aside while you cut up the frozen sausages into roughly 3/4 inch sections.
- Take a small handful of the mixture and fashion it around a piece of the frozen sausage then set aside to make the rest.
- Heat the oil to 300°F and fry for around 4 - 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Pile high in a bowl and pour over the remaining buffalo sauce and enjoy!