One-Pan Balsamic Caprese Chicken
What you need
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 small balls mozzarella
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded basil
- salt and pepper
- Season your chicken well with salt and pepper. Add the oil to a hot saute pan (with a lid) and fry for 6 minutes on each side, or until nicely coloured and cooked through. Set aside to rest.
- In the residual oil, throw in the garlic. Just as it begins to colour add the tomatoes, then the vinegar. Place the lid on and turn the heat down low. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes have wilted.
- Slice your chicken and lay back in the pan on top of the tomatoes. Top each sliced breast with mozzarella and sprinkle over the basil. Return the lid to the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place a sliced breast on top of some cooked pasta. Spoon over some sauce and grate over some parmesan.
- Dig in.