What You’ll Need:
- 3 jumbo franks
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 1 fat clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- basil, roughly chopped, a small fistful
- 2/3 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- fettucine or tagliatelle, for serving
How You Make It:
- Heat your oil in a large pot large enough to take your sauce and pasta. Fry your sausage pieces for a minute or two or until they have taken on some good colour. Add your onion and garlic. Fry until translucent and nice. Chuck in the tomatoes and season well with salt and pepper. Pop on a lid and cook for 10 minutes or so on medium.
- Remove the lid and add the cream, cheeses and basil. Chuck in the pasta and a little reserved pasta water. Stir well.
- Finish with a little more basil and parmesan.
- Get stuck in.