One Pot Chow Mein
What you need
- 1 tsp groundnut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into 4cm matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, cut into 4 cm strips
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, cut into very small chunks
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 egg noodle nests
- 3 pak choi, roughly chopped
- 1 cup bamboo shoots
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Fry the chicken slices for around a minute then remove to a separate bowl.
- Add a little more oil and quickly fry carrots, pepper and spring onions, followed by the ginger, chilli and garlic.
- Pour over chicken stock to deglaze and add the noodles. Cover with a lid and cook for three minutes, then give it a stir, add the chicken back in along with the pak choi and bamboo shoots and add the lid again. Let it all steam for another 3 minutes before stirring in the oyster and oysters sauces and the sesame oil.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.