- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease, line and flour 2 square cake tins
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until lightened in colour. Add 4 eggs at a time and whisk until combined well. Add in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide mixture into two square prepared tins. Smooth the top. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, mix the peaches with rum and brown sugar, let sit in the fridge to release the juices, stirring every so often.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Cut the cake into 1 ½” squares. Layer a trifle dish with cake, whipped cream, peaches, raspberries and repeat. Finish with a layer of peaches and raspberries with piped with cream.
- Chill for 30 minutes.