Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars
What you need
No equipment needed
250g crushed cookie crumbs
50g granulated sugar
115g butter, melted
750g cream cheese, softened
150g granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
170ml maple syrup
25g light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
100g pecans, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Line a 13x9 straight edges baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined and wet sand-like texture. Press into the base of the springform pan and use the back of a spoon or small bowl to press in.
- Bake for 10 minutes, set aside to cool.
- For the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese with sugar, eggs, vanilla and baileys until fluffy and smooth. Pour over graham crust. Set aside.
- Bake bars in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Once cooled, add the pecan pie layer.
- For the pecan caramel layer, melt the maple syrup with the butter, sugar and salt. Bring to boil for 2-3 mins, then stir in the pecans and leave to cool and thicken slightly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin, spoon the maple-pecan caramel over the top of the cheesecake (reheat it if it’s started to set too much), then cut into bars.