Pesto Chicken Grilled Cheese
What you need
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan
- 2 large handfuls basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3/4 cup oil
- 5 chicken breasts, shredded
- 12 slices bread
- 1 cup melted butter, mixed with garlic
- 3 cups mozzarella and cheddar mix
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- In a food processor blend the pine nuts, parmesan, basil and salt. Pour in the lemon juice and oil and continue blending to a rough paste.
- Mix the pesto into the shredded chicken and set aside.
- Brush each slice of bread with garlic butter and place 6 slices brushed side down in a large baking tray. Sprinkle each piece with the cheese mix and then a large spoonful of the pesto chicken, then top with more cheese and the final 6 pieces of bread, butter side up. Cover with another baking tray and press down to squash.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the bread has browned and the cheese is molten and delicious.