This Philly Cheesesteak Pizza is the perfect matchup of flavours!
- Add water, sugar and yeast to a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast. Add in olive oil, flour and salt and stir to combine into a dough.
- Generously sprinkle flour on a surface and begin to knead the dough until smooth. Transfer to a greased bowl, cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, make the bechamel white sauce. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook through for 2 minutes stirring frequently. Pour in the milk in increments whisking well in between to obtain a smooth sauce. Add parmesan cheese, italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine, set aside.
- Heat ½ of the oil in large skillet over high heat. Add the steak and cook until seared, remove and drain.
- Add remaining oil, onions and green peppers. Cook until just starting to soften, add the mushrooms. Saute until all vegetables are soft and lightly caramelized. Add the steak back in and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC with either a pizza stone or a cast iron pan on the lower rack.
- When dough has doubled in size, punch down. Split the dough in half. This recipe makes 2 pizzas!
- Line a pizza tray with parchment paper. Spread the dough into a round pizza with a crust. Spread half of the sauce on the pizza and top with steak mix. Sprinkle with mixed cheddar.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Repeat with remaining dough and toppings.
- Slice and enjoy!