Philly Cheesesteak Skins
What you need
- 1 sirloin steak, cut as thinly as possible
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 green pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 4 baking potatoes, baked for 1 hour and cooled
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, sliced
- Slice your potatoes in half and hollow out the centre to leave a skin (save the flesh for another time). Brush with butter and bake for 10 minutes at 200°C.
- Meanwhile, fry your pepper and onion in the oil over a medium-high heat. Once wilted and a bit coloured, push to one side and add the steak. Fry without moving too much- season with the spices, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Fill each skin with a little cheddar, then steak mix, a bit more cheddar and some slices of provolone.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C.