1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion granules
1 1/4 cups plain flour
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Oil for frying
Commonly served as a sweet street side snack or dessert, churros are a favorite treat. We put a savory spin on them with cheesy pizza flavors, fried till golden brown so they're slightly molten inside. Dipped in your favorite pizza sauce they're a great appetizer!
- Heat oil to 190ºC (375ºF).
- In a medium saucepan, combine water and butter until just starting to melt and simmering. Add all of the spices and stir to dissolve and bring to a simmer.
- Add flour all at once. Stir until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball. Remove from heat and let cool for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in eggs one at a time until fully combined then add the cheese.
- Using a star-tip in a piping bag, pipe about 3-4-inch long churros. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce to dip. Enjoy!