Let’s be honest, there’s no such things as a bad grilled cheese. You can however make a good grilled cheese even better (and that’s where we come in). If cheese overload and pepperoni is your thing then hold tight, because this might well be the snack you’ve been waiting for your entire life.
What you’ll need:
- 2 Sourdough loaves, sliced nice and thick, about 12 slices
- 400g cheddar cheese, grated
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 balls mozzarella, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Red chilli, finely sliced
How you make it:
- Butter all of your slices of bread on one side. Place half of these, butter side down, in a baking dish, to form an even layer leaving as few gaps as possible.
- Throw your cheddar cheese on top.
- Top with the rest of your slices of bread, butter side up, trying to align them with the first layer, to make individual sandwiches.
- Bake this for 20 minutes at 200degs, until nicely golden and melted through.
- Bring out, top with the mozzarella, onions, pepperoni and red chilli, then pop back in the oven at the same temp for 15 minutes.
- Once hot enough, dish out the mini grilled cheese pizzas amongst your friends!
- Or don’t. Just EAT THEM ALL!