- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1 tin passata
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 packet penne, cooked to al dente
- 1 cup parmesan
- 3 balls fresh mozzarella
Ever wanted a pizza and a pasta at the same time!? Well now you can in this delicious, easy to make, cheesy pasta bake.
- Heat the olive oil and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the pepperoni and the tomatoes and allow to simmer for another 5 - 10 minutes, until thicker.
- Season and add the oregano, then stir in the penne and parmesan.
- In a greased ovenproof dish layer half the pasta with some torn mozzarella, topping with the remaining pasta and more mozzarella and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, for around 30 minutes. Top with basil and serve.