Treat yourself and whip up these cheesy autumnal delights. Perfect for game day, or any other day!
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a low heat. Once foaming, add the flour, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook out for 2 mins, stirring continuously. Add the milk in small increments, beating all the time with a wooden spoon to dispel any lumps.
- Turn up the heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Once bubbling, turn the heat back to low and simmer for 1 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, mustard, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then add the macaroni.
- Allow to cool, then add the cheese and stir to combine. Pop in a deep square tray lined with cling film and put in the freezer for 3 hours to firm up.
- Once out the freezer, cut into 16 evenly sized blocks. If the blocks have softened a little in this process, return them to the freezer to firm up for another hour on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Put your flour, eggs and panic breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dunk each one of your macaroni blocks in the flour, egg then panko breadcrumbs in turn, then place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Fill a large, sturdy saucepan a third of the way with vegetable oil. Heat to 160 degrees, then carefully drop in the macaroni cheese bites. Fry until a lovely golden brown, about 3 mins.
- Eat whilst still hot and oozing with molten cheese.