Pumpkin Piñata Cake
What you need
Vanilla Cake Batter, enough for 2 bundt cakes
1 tbsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tbsp ginger powder
2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
6 cups vanilla icing
Red food coloring
Yellow food coloring
1 cup mixed mini candies/chocolates
1 plain ice cream cone
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F). Add all the spices to the vanilla cake batter and fold to incorporate.
- Divide batter into two of the same greased bundt tins. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely and then trim the bottom of bundt.
- In a large bowl, color vanilla icing with red and yellow food coloring to make a bright orange color.
- When cakes are cooled, flip one upside down. Spread a layer of icing evenly around and then top with the second bundt cake, top right side up making sure to match the edges.
- Fill the center of the bundt cake with candies to the top. Cover with some of the cut cake pieces from trimming.
- Ice cake completely being sure to get in the creases to create the shape of a pumpkin.
- Cut the tip off the ice cream cone. Brush green icing over the cone evenly. Press into the center of the cake.
- Cut and Enjoy!