What you need
- 12 egg whites
- 600g caster sugar
- 1 tsp green, red, yellow and blue food colouring
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 2 punnets blueberries
- 3 mangoes
- 8 kiwis
- 600ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150 and line 2 large trays with greaseproof paper and draw two 6 inch circles on each (leaving you with 4 circles overall).
- Put your egg whites in a very clean bowl and whisk on a medium speed until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually start adding the sugar to the whites and increase the speed to high, whisking until the mix no longer feels grainy.
- Pile 1/4 of the meringue into 4 bowls and marble through 1 food colouring in each. Pile each
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the meringue is crisp. Leave to cool for half an hour in the oven with the door open.
- Whisk the cream with the icing sugar until lightly whipped. Slice the fruits.
- Lay the cool green marbled meringue disc on a plate. Pile on some whipped cream, followed by the sliced kiwis. Repeat with the red meringue and strawberries, yellow meringue and mango and finally, blue meringue and blueberries.
- Lay the remaining fruits across the top of the meringue stack and serve.