What you need
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2/3 cup lardons/ pancetta
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup finely crumbed parmesan, plus a little more for serving
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and yolks, parmesan and black pepper.
- Fry the lardons/pancetta in a frying pan until lovely and crispy and the fat has rendered all over the shop.
- While the pork is crisping, boil plenty of water and add the salt. Chuck in your instant ramen noodles. Cook for about 1 minute. Grab a little pasta water before tonging your noodles straight into your bacon pan. Toss then remove from the heat immediately.
- This bit is important- you want cool the pan/mixture enough so that the eggs will not scramble when added, but not so much that your dinner's cold and you have raw egg everywhere.
- After 2 minutes or so, add your mixture and little reserved pasta water, then toss continuously for about 1 minute. The egg should be just cooked through and should coat the strands of noodle in a cool, glossy manner.
- Top with a little more parmesan and black pepper then destroy!!