What You’ll Need:
- 3.5 cups fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- A good glug of olive oil
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon/pancetta, cut into 1cm wide strips
- 2 large garlic bulbs, finely chopped
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tbsp crushed chilli flakes
- Most of a pack of spaghetti
- A good handful of finely chopped parsley
- Parmesan to serve
How You Make It:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- In a large ceramic baking tray, mix together tomatoes, sugar, salt and olive oil with your hands. Roast in the oven for around an hour, until most of the juices have evaporated and tomatoes have collapsed into an intense, delicious mess.
- In a large pan heat a little oil and fry the bacon until crisp, stirring regularly. Add the chopped garlic and cook until golden, then deglaze the pan with the glass of white wine. Pour in the roasted tomatoes and sprinkle over a little chilli and give everything a good stir, then sit and simmer for roughly ten minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in lots of salty water to al dente. Pour into the pan with the sauce and sprinkle with the parsley, then give everything a good mix with a pair of tongs.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan.