- 110g (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 100 ml cup Baileys
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 160 ml whole milk, warm
- 50 g plus 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 tbsp active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 110g unsalted butter, softened
- 350 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until froth.
- Add softened butter, salt, eggs and whisk well. Add flour to the bowl and mix well. Place dough into an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 16 inches long by 12 inches wide. it should be approx 1/4 inch thick.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, Baileys, cream, honey and salt. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Set aside. Pour the caramel in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Butter/grease/spray with nonstick spray the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish, then line with parchment paper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll into a 12x18 inch even rectangle.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spread evenly over rectangle almost to the edges. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over top. Tightly roll dough into a long log. Cut into 12 even rolls.
- Pour caramel sauce over the bottom of the greased dish. Arrange rolls in prepared baking dish on top of the caramel.
- Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and bubble. Remove and flip upside down onto a large board. Let pan sit on top for 1 minute then remove.
- serve warm, enjoy!